Casting Props Tutorial
Please forgive my English if have some errors, I try my best to explain all the steps!
My page: www.facebook.com/m.cosplay
My senpai class by PR Props full credit to him!
HIS INSTAGRAM: i.instagram.com/pr_props CHECK HIM OUT
NOTE: Every material used here can be found at Reynolds Advanced or online in smooth on. Insulation foam in Home Depot
1. Use sculpting clay non drying and based oil one to sculpt the piece you want. (horns are made of insulation foam) . 2 pounds of clay cost around $9.
2. When your sculpt is done use Rebound 25 so make the mold (the pink liquid) for this step ill let you a video here since is easier to explain : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCIO_2J1gF0 Note: Depending what you gonna cast will be a different way to apply the Rebound 25 complete cast or only front. To add the keys (the lil balls ) they are made out of Rebound 25 casted here http://www.hokeypokeyshop.ca/content/images/thumbs/0004436_loew-cornell-plastic-palette-6-well-940b.jpeg (plastic paint palette) you can install them after the 2-3 layers, you put them then add more layers of Rebound 25.
3. To make the support base use Fiberglass (smell is super strong you need protection and work it outside). This is to make the mold strong since Rebound 25 is silicone and will bend if doesn’t have a strong base.
4. Then its ready to cast! This one was made with Smooth Cast 300 here is a Video for better explanation : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w1f6xD77vQ&index=3&list=UUziQh-VtsfKHB4DsjTLyrZg Horns have layers of smooth cast 300 and sanded.
5. When all good to paint add some primer and paint it !! you are done :D . You can use airbrush , spray or acrylic.
I hope this is helpfull!